Sunday 18 February 2018

Series I want to continue/finish in the upcoming months - Update.

Hi booklovers

A couple of months ago I did a post about the trilogies/series I wanted to continue/finish in the upcoming months.

Let's take a look at that list:

1) Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
Since doing the post I reread the first two books in this trilogy so that I could read the third book.
*Snow Like Ashes - 4 stars (I actually lowered my original rating from 4.5 stars)
*Ice Like Fire - 3 stars (Again, I lowered my original rating from 4.5 stars) I had such a hard time to finish this book, but I wanted to push through because I wanted to read the third book.
*Frost Like Night - 4 stars. I found this to be a good conclusion to the trilogy.

I'm glad I finished this trilogy and overall I did really enjoy it - despite not liking the second book all that much.

2) Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
When writing the original post I was going to reread the first three books in the series and then continue with the other books. I would have finished this series, because I had pre-ordered the final book from bookdepository and it was set to be released at the beginning of December. However, the release date was pushed back (or it was listed incorrectly on bookdepository, I don't really know). I got the book last week and I plan on reading it very soon.
*Falling Kingdoms - 4 stars
*Rebel Spring - 4 stars
*Gathering Darkness - 4.5 stars
*Frozen Tides - 4.5 stars
*Crystal Storm - 4.5 stars

I'm enjoying the series very much (even though Cleo and Magnus annoyed the hell out of me sometimes) and I can't wait to read Immortal Reign.

3) The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johanssen
I haven't reread the first book but I would like to do that this year and hopefully finish the trilogy.

4) Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
I reread the first book in February of 2017, but I haven't continued on with the series. Maybe I will this year, since the final book is coming out later this year.
 
 
 

5) The Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson
I've read two books of the original trilogy and hopefully I will read the third one next month or in April.
*The Final Empire - 5 stars (reread)
*The Well of Ascension - 5 stars. 

I absolutely love these books they are so detailed and the magic system is very unique.


At the beginning of the year I started a new series because of the buddyread for the Of Wonderland bookclub on Goodreads and that is:

The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater
I've only read The Raven Boys and I wasn't overwhelmed by it (3.5 stars), but I am going to continue the series because I was intrigued by the premise. I don't own the other books yet, though.

There is one trilogy I apparently didn't include in my original post and I have no idea why because I really enjoyed the first book and I definitely want to continue with the trilogy.

The Farseer trilogy by Robin Hobb

Have you read any of these? What did you think of them? Let me know in the comments.

Bye for now

Annelies

No comments:

Post a Comment