Saturday 14 March 2015

How I read tag

Hi booklovers

I think it's time to do my first tag. Written tags may not be as cool as those on YouTube, but I wanted to give it a try anyway.

I saw the 'How I read tag' on Caitlin's channel. The original tag was created by Enya.

 
1. How do you find out about new books to read?
Before I discovered BookTube, I usually went to the bookshop and searched the shelves. I also browsed online bookstores, but I found it hard to really find something new to read. Being a language teacher also helps to discover new books. Every now and then a pupil chooses an interesting book to do a book report or presentation about. When I'm really intrigued, I'll out check the book. A little over a year ago, however, I started watching BookTube intensely and now that's my main source of finding out about new books. Some of the suggestions Goodreads makes are also helpful.
 
2. How did you get into reading?
Ever since I learned how to read at the age of 6, I was intrigued by it. My mom, my oldest brother, my aunts and cousin are all avid readers, so I think it comes as no surprise that I adore reading too. I'm not sure which book really got me into reading. I was already reading very much when Harry Potter and Twilight were published - books that influenced many readers - so I can't say those made me even more obsessed with reading.
 
3. How has your taste in books changed as you've gotten older?
When I was in elementary school and the first few years of high school I was really into war stories. Living in a country that experienced both World Wars, there are many books in Dutch about this theme. In Teacher-Training college I had to read a lot of YA and adult books. Most YA books I read then tended to be in the fantasy genre, a genre I still like very much. A lot of the adult books were contemporary or historical fiction, but I didn't enjoy all of them. 
This past year I've (re)discovered a number of genres: contemporary, dystopian, NA. I have to say my reading tastes have changed quite a lot over the last ten years, but I'm glad I've stepped out of my comfort zone and discovered new genres.
 
4. How often do you buy books?
I've always enjoyed going to bookstores and buying new books, but I didn't buy that many books at a time. Over the last year that has changed, however. Since watching BookTube I've been buying more - A LOT more - books. I've started ordering books online and it's so exciting to receive a package and although you know what's in it, it's still so cool to open the package :-) Last year I bought books every couple of months, with a total of 45 books.
 
5. How did you get into BookTubing? 
I'm going to change this question into 'How did you get into blogging?'
I've been reading some bookblogs by BookTubers for a while now. After having a great reading year in 2014 I wanted to share my opinion about books. At first I wrote mini-reviews on Goodreads but I wanted to write more. My niece has a beauty blog and one of my best friends also has a blog and they convinced me to go for it, so I did.
  
6. How do you react when you don't like a book's ending?
I don't really get mad when I don't like the ending, sometimes I'm just disappointed. But usually when I don't like the ending, I didn't like the entire book. One time I refused to continue a book because of the author. At school, we invite authors to speak to the pupils. There was a Belgian author who was so annoying and rude that I just refused to continue the book I was reading or pick up any of his other books. And this is still the case!

7. How often have you taken a sneaky look at the back page of a book to see if it's a happy ending?
I've never done this and don't think I will ever do that because I'm scared of getting spoiled.
 
8. Who do you tag?
I'm not going to tag anyone in particular, because this tag has been going around for quite a while now and a lot of people have already done it. But if you want to do this tag, just go ahead. Leave a link to your blog or channel in the comments :-)

Hope you liked this tag!

Bye for now

Annelies 

No comments:

Post a Comment