Friday 6 November 2015

FACTS convention + haul

Hi booklovers
 
At the end of September we went to a Sci-Fi and Fantasy convention in Ghent: FACTS convention. I lost count of the number of times we visited this event, but I like the fact that there are so many different things to do, see or buy.

Every year you have the chance to meet actors, get an autograph or have your picture taken with them. Unfortunately, getting your picture taken with an actor is no longer free of charge - which it used to be when we started visiting the convention all those years ago. I don't like to pay money to have my picture taken with someone famous, especially when some actors charge €60 ($65) for a damn picture. What we do sometimes get is a personalised autograph of a certain actor. I know, I know, you still have to pay for an autograph, but the price is a bit more reasonable: €30 ($32). This year we decided to go for a Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca - Star Wars) and Ernie Hudson (Winston - Ghost Buster) autograph. We were going to get an autograph from Christopher Lloyd (Dr Emmet Brown - Back to the future) until we saw how much he charged for it: a whopping €50 ($54). I'm sorry, but that is ridiculous!! Btw, he was also the one charging €60 for a photo!
I also added some new Funko Pops to my collection. This is where this post becomes somewhat bookrelated :-)
Ron and Hermione
Professor Snape
 Voldemort

I really like the Harry Potter Funko's and I wanted to get the whole set, but unfortunately Hagrid and Professor Dumbledore had already sold out and they were charging too much for Harry Potter. Ah well, I'll get them eventually ;-)


And then lastly thing I got is totally bookrelated:
At one of the booths there was a Flemish author signing her books. I have her first book, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. But an autographed book is always cool, so I decided to put my principle aside and get the second book so I could have it autographed :-) All you booklovers know what I mean, right?! ;-)
 Dragon Queen and Dragon Wizard
An Jannsens

The text says: To Annelies. A book filled with wizards and magic to remember a fantasy filled day at Facts and to enjoy a couple of hours of reading when you get around to it.
I mentioned that I hadn't read the first book yet, so I thought it was pretty cool that she incorporated that in her note :-)
I had a very nice day at the convention, it's nice to be among kindred spirits when it comes to fantasy and that stuff, so we'll definitely be going again next year!

Bye for now

Annelies

No comments:

Post a Comment