Wednesday 4 November 2015

Library haul - graphic novels

Hi booklovers

A few weeks ago we - finally - started watching Doctor Who and Sherlock (I'm going to do a seperate post about my thoughts on that) so I went to the library to get the dvd's and I picked up a few graphic novels while I was there.

Ever since hearing almost every BookTuber raving about Saga I've been very curious to read it. I'm not used to reading graphic novels, that's why I didn't want to immediately buy them, so I decided to get them from the library. I would like to get more books from the library, but the selection of English books is rather limited, so...

Anyway, I found the first two volumes of Saga and also some other graphic novels that looked cool:


















These are two totally different kinds of graphic novels, but hey... I've always felt daunted to read any Jane Austen book, so maybe this will help, I don't know.

When I went to the Antwerp Book Fair last Saturday (again, there will be a seperate post about that experience) there was this whole section of comics and graphic novels. They had all five volumes of Saga, but since I haven't read them yet, I decided against buying them. I've learned my lesson: I'm not buying anything anymore based on a hype. If I like the first two volumes - those are the only ones my local library has, btw - I might buy the others as well. I've had a flipthrough and it seemed a bit peculiar to me, but I still want to give them a try. Like I said, I'm not used to reading graphic novels, so maybe that's why it seemed odd. 

I really like the cover of the Pride & Prejudice one, it looks like a magazine :-)

Let me know in the comments if you've read any of these and what you thought of them. Do you have any other recommendations? Please let me know.

Bye for now

Annelies 

No comments:

Post a Comment