Saturday 16 April 2016

Friday Reads #4 (on a Saturday) - April 16th

Hi booklovers

This is my Friday Reads post for this weekend / week.

First a little recap of the past reading week:

- Since I had only 6 hours left of 'The Eye of The World', I was able to finish it last week. I gave it 4 stars, I really enjoyed it. This is the third time I've read this. In case you are wondering why I've reread this book for the second time, it's a bit of a story. I've been reading this series for about a decade now. I started reading the books back in 2004 and I got to book 10 (I think that was the last book that was published at the time). When book 11 was released I couldn't really remember what had happened in the previous books, so I started rereading them and I got up to book 6 before I gave up, it just was taking me way too long to get through them. Don't forget that these books are massive - they are all between 700 and 1000 pages :-s After watching Kitty G rave about the books, I really wanted to pick them up again. Because I was scared it would take me another decade to finish the series, I decided to listen to the audiobooks. I am so glad I did this, because there were so many things I picked up that I hadn't during the previous reads.

- I also said in my last Friday Reads that I didn't know which book I was going to read on my e-reader. I ended up choosing Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell. It was a cute read, but too short to be more than a three star read.

On to the things I'm going to read in the upcoming days:

- I'm still reading 'Ice Like Fire' and I'm really enjoying it. It's really nice to back in this world and see where the story is going. I'm not even halfway through the book and my heart has already been broken.
- On Friday I started 'Fables'. I'm 40 pages in and I have to admit I'm really enjoying it. I'm hoping to finish it this week.
- Today I started listening to 'The Great Hunt', book 2 in the Wheel of Time series. I'm hoping I'll enjoy this just as much as the first 1.

















Let me know in the comments what you'll be reading in the upcoming week.

Bye for now

Annelies

No comments:

Post a Comment