Sunday 17 June 2018

TBR readathon update #3

Hi booklovers

I sort of, kind of, didn't get around to keeping you up to date on my reading for the TBR readathon, created by Irina. Go check out her channel. You can find my TBR post here.

This update is for the 3rd, 4th and 5th week of the readathon.
 
I read Royal Assassin by Robin Hobb during the entire third week (it's 648 pages). This one fits the challenge of 'Read a book from a series you're in the middle of'.
I enjoyed this book very, very much and I definitely want to read the third one very soon.
After that chunker of an adult fantasy, I decided to pick up Lifel1k3 by Jay Kristoff for the challenge 'Read a book you got recently', because I had literally gotten this book the week before. This was one of my anticipated releases for 2018, but unfortunately, I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. I think I'm getting a bit too old for the 'teenage slang' Kristoff uses in this one.
At the same time I started listening to Little Women which goes towards the challenge of 'Read a book out of your comfort zone'. I hardly ever read classics, but I've had this one for a while and I decided to get the audiobook as well, so I can alternate between the two formats. I'm still reading / listening to it and I'm enjoying it a lot.
The next book I picked up for the challenge to 'Read a book you're really excited about' is Legendary. I have about three chapters left, so I'm hoping to finish it tonight.
This book is making me feel all the feels.

I'm thinking about picking up Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence for the challenge of 'Read a book you've owned for a while'.

I think my reading is going pretty well. I've currently completed 5 out of the 9 challenges and there are three weeks left of the readathon. I'm not sure if I'll be able to read 12 books (challenge 9) but we'll see.

Bye for now

Annelies 

No comments:

Post a Comment