Sunday 6 May 2018

TBR readathon - Announcement + TBR

Hi booklovers

I know I said in the past that readathons and I don't get along at all, but then I came across this two month long TBR readathon, created by Irina from Beautiful Pages. You should definitely check out her channel! 

You can find her announcement video here

The readothon starts on Sunday the 13th of May, and finishes on Sunday the 8th of July.

Challenges
There are 9 challenges:
1. Read a book from a series you're in the middle of.
2. Read a book you own for a while.
3. Read a book you got recently. 
4. Read a short book.
5. Read a long book (over 500 pages or around that).
6. Read a book you're excited about. 
7. Read a book out of your comfort zone (or a book from a genre you don't normally read).
8. Read a book with a beautiful cover. 
9. Read 12 books It is preferable if you choose 9 different books for the challenges and then have other 3 books of your choice :)


TBR's are dangerous for me because as soon as I put a book on a (readathon) TBR I tend to lose interest in it. Plus, I'm a mood reader.
So, to counteract that I decided to write down a number of books for each challenge, that way I have ample choice and don't put myself in a slump.

TBR
1. Read a book from a series you're in the middle of.
*Royal Assassin - The Farseer trilogy by Robin Hobb (I've just reread the first book 'Assassin's Apprentice' so I can continue with the trilogy).
*The Alloy of Law -  The Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson.
*The Invasion of the Tearling - The Tearling trilogy by Erika Johanssen (I'm rereading The Queen of the Tearling at the moment).

2. Read a book you own for a while. 

For this I could actually choose almost every book on my TBR, but I've narrowed it down... All of these books have been on my TBR for more than a year.

*Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor.
*The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken.
*Stars Above by Marissa Meyer.
*The Lies of Locke Lamore by Scott Lynch (I might pick this one up in May because the theme for the #OfWonderland bookclub is 'Books everyone has read but me').
*Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence (I actually started this a few years ago, but I couldn't get into the story. I do want to give it another try, though.)
*The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks (although it's more likely that I will choose this book for challenge number 5).
*The Crown Tower by Michael J. Sullivan.
*Spellwright by Blake Charlton.
*Priestess of the White by Trudi Canavan (this trilogy is one of the trilogies I've had on my TBR the longest ) 

3. Read a book you got recently.
*Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi (that is if I can reread the original trilogy).

*A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas (I preordered this, but it still hasn't arrived. Fingers crossed it arrives this week).

The next ones are books I still need to order, so I'm not sure if I'll get them in time:
*Legendary by Stephanie Garber.
*Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody.
*Lifelik3 by Jay Kristoff.

The next one I've won in a giveaway by Lisa from lisaswestcoatreads and I chose this one. Hopefully it will arrive in time.
*Thunderhead by Neil Shusterman.

4. Read a short book.
*The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchet.
*The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling.
*Lock & Key Volume 2 by Joe Hill(if I can reread volume 1).
*Transmetropolitan Volume 3 by Warren Ellis.
*Quiditch Through the Ages by Kennilworthy Whisp (J.K. Rowling). I recently got the audiobook for this one.
 
5. Read a long book (over 500 pages or around that).  
*Priestess of the White by Trudi Canavan (if I don't choose this for the 2nd challenge).
*Assassin's Quest by Robin Hobb (book 3 in the Farseer trilogy).
*The Way of Kings part 1 by Brandon Sanderson.
*Malice by John Gwynne (another one I picked up quite a while ago but I put it down again and I didn't feel like continuing at that time)
*The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks.

6. Read a book you're excited about.
*Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor.
*Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi (again, if I don't chose them for a different challenge)
*Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor (although I'm more likely to pick this for the beautiful cover challenge).

7. Read a book out of your comfort zone (or a book from a genre you don't normally read).
Classics
*Emma by Jane Austen.
*Little Women by Louisa May Alcott.

Historical Fiction
*The Lady Risks All by Stephanie Laurens.
*The Scandal of the Season by Sophie Gee.

8. Read a book with a beautiful cover.

*Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor (I might pick this one up for the #OfWonderland bookclub this month too).

9. Read 12 books: it is preferable if you choose 9 different books for the challenges and then have 3 other books of your choice :)

I'm going to try and choose different books for each challenge and then read three more and I will probably choose them from the ones listed above. That will depend on how well my reading is going and if I'm enjoying the books I'm reading.

How do you feel about readathons? Let me know in the comments.
Feel free to join us :-)

Bye for now

Annelies

No comments:

Post a Comment