Thursday 1 August 2019

MedievalAThon / IronTomeAThon / July wrap-up

Hi booklovers

Yesterday was the last day of both the MedievalAThon and the IronTomeAThon, so let's take a look at what I managed to read.

MedievalAThon

*Nevernight by Jay Kristoff: this was a reread in preperation for the release of Darkdawn in September. Still a solid 5 star read. Hopefully I'll be posting my review soon.
This earned me the rank of peasant and my daggers.

*Legendary by Stephanie Garber: again a reread because I want to read Finale. This, however, I didn't enjoy as much as the first time around. 
I became a squire by reading this one and I got my breastplate.

*King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence: this was a very hard book for me to rate. Immediately after finishing it I was leaning towards 3 - 3.5 stars because I didn't feel the same connection to the characters as I did with Prince of Thorns. But while writing my review I realized I did enjoy the story a lot and that it actually was a solid 4 star read. I'll be posting my review soon. (I have a review for Prince of Thorns.)
Next rank: knight. I earned my crown with it.

*The Sword Volume 1 by the Luna Brothers: I really enjoyed Alex+Ada and Girls by the Luna Brothers, so when this was recommended to me at the comic book store I wanted to give it a try. I really enjoy the artwork and the storyline is pretty cool.
I became a countess with a cloak by reading this graphic novel.

*The Sword Volume 2 by the Luna Brothers: I again enjoyed it a lot and I'll be picking up volumes 3 and 4 at some point :-)
Next rank: princess with a sword.

I was hoping to finish Malice by John Gwynne which would have made me a queen and earned me a pair of leggings. Alas, that didn't happen: I managed to read 504 out of the 628 pages.
When I tweeted about this, I got a really cool response from John Gwynne himself.

I love it when authors interact with their readers like that.

IronTomeAThon

*Nevernight: Oldtown + 428 pages.
*King of Thorns: King's Landing + 597 pages.
*The Sword Volume 1: 100 pages.
*The Sword Volume 2: 100 pages.

Total number of pages: 1225. (I'm a bit sad that I can't add the 504 pages I read of Malice :-/ )

I'm really pleased with how both these readathons went and I hope they'll become annual readathons :-)

I read another book that I couldn't count for either readathons:
*Masquerade by Nyrae Dawn. I needed a break from the fantasy genre after the epicness that is Nevernight, so I picked up this NA contemporary. It is the final book in the Games trilogy and I enjoyed it.
How was your reading month? Did you participate in either of these readathons? 

This month I'm taking my NEWTs, I'm curious to see if I'll become a librarian.

Bye for now

Annelies

No comments:

Post a Comment