Wednesday 28 August 2019

WWW Wednesday - 28th August / August wrap-up

Hi booklovers

"Welcome to WWW Wednesday! This meme was formerly hosted by MizB at A Daily Rhythm and revived on Taking on a World of Words. Just answer the three questions below and leave a link to your post in the comments for others to look at. No blog? No problem! Just leave a comment with your responses. Please, take some time to visit the other participants and see what others are reading. So, let’s get to it!"

I found this on Nadine's blog.

The Three Ws are: 
What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you’ll read next?

Currently reading
Being on a mission to actually finish the trilogies/series that I start, I picked up Emperor of Thorns by Mark Lawrence.
I've reviewed both books 1 and 2 (click on the numbers to go to the reviews).
I'm currently on page 270 and I'm enjoying it (at least this time I know that '5 years earlier' means that the whole chapter is set in the past) but I'm not sure where the story is going.

Recently finished
At the beginning of August I finished Malice by John Gwynne. I enjoyed it a lot and you can find my review here.

After all those big fantasy books I was in the mood for some quicker reads so I picked up Getting Down and Hooking Up by Helena Hunting. I really enjoyed both with HU being my favourite of the Shacking Up series so far. Lexington is just so cute, caring and sexy AF.

After that I started and finished my reread of Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff. I still absolutely love this book and I'm not ready for this story to end.

I also decided to reread Traitor's Blade by Sebastien de Castell because I finally want to continue with the series. I loved this just as much as the first time around and I'm very much looking forward to reading book two: Knight's Shadow.

Then I picked up I Flipping Love You, book three in the Shacking Up series. I enjoyed this, but not as much as Hooking Up.

The last book I finished was Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. I liked it, but didn't love it. I had very high hopes for this one since The Illuminae Files is one my favourite trilogies. I think I might have compared it a little too much to those books. I'm curious enough to continue on with the next book, though.

What's next?
In September Darkdawn by Jay Kristoff comes out, so I'll be reading that as soon as it arrives :-)

I also want to pick up Knight's Shadow by Sebastien de Castell, maybe after I finish Emperor of Thorns, we'll see.

Oh, btw, I kind of gave up on my NEWTs, I just wasn't feeling it. I have completed a couple of prompts, but not that many. Ah well, maybe I'll do better next year.

How's your reading been this month? Let me know in the comments.

Bye for now

Annelies

No comments:

Post a Comment