Monday 20 July 2015

As I read - Shadow and Bone #4 (chapter 16 - After / epilogue)

Hi booklovers

Be warned: this will be filled with spoilers so only read on if you've read this book!

The raw emotions in chapter 16 are so different from the joy in chapter 14 (the fete). This was such a fast-paced chapter!

I was totally taken by surprise by Mal's behaviour, whispering right before she falls aslepp that he'll always find her. 

And then I finally read the sentence that made me pick up this book in the first place:
'I don't care if you danced naked on the roof of the Little Palace with him. I love you, Alina, even the part of you that loved him.'

I was also surprised that Alina got the scar on her hand from a shard and not from her gift.

Inside the Fold you think that everything is lost, but then everything starts to change and shift.

I really like how strong Alina is, I think she is one of the strongest female protagonists.

I love that the book ended the way it began: the epilogue - here named After - doesn't mention their names, it just talks about a boy and a girl.

Bye

Annelies

No comments:

Post a Comment