Monday 4 January 2016

2015 reading goals in review.

Hi booklovers

At the beginning of 2015 I wrote a blogpost about my bookish goals and now I want to take a look at the things I accomplished - or failed at :-s 

#1 Goodreads goal => read 50 books => Check = I've read 54 books (actually 58, but again, rereads).
 
#2 Read a classic => I mostly failed this goal, because I haven't read a single classic. But I did read the graphic novel of 'Sense & Sensibility' by Marvel. I know, this is technically cheating, but hey!

#3 Reduce my TBR => Fail: at the beginning of this year I had 114 books on my TBR. At the moment I have 121 :-/ I'm not even going to bother justifying that.

#4 Continue/finish some series: I'm dividing this into different 'categories'.

a) Not continued:

* The Mortal Instruments and the Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare.
* The Cousin's War and the Tudor Court series by Phillipa Gregory.
* The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan.
* The Death Gate Cycle by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman.
* The Inheritence Cycle by Christopher Paolini.
* The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien.
* Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin.
* The Shannara series by Terry Brooks.
 
b) Continued:

* Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas: I've read Heir of Fire, but not Queen of Shadows, but I'm still counting it as continued.
* The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer: Hmm, I haven't read Winter yet, but I have reread Cinder. Does this count as continueing? ;-)
* The Falling Kingdoms series by Morgan Rhodes: I finished Falling Kingdoms and read Rebel Spring and Gathering Darkness, but not Frozen Tides.
 
c) Unhauled:

* The Fallen series by Lauren Kate.
* The Dwarves by Markus Heitz.
 
d) Finished:
 
* The His Fair Assassin's trilogy by Robin LaFevers.

#5 Buy less books than in 2014 => Let's just say I failed this goal too, but only slightly. I've bought less physical books, but more e-books.

My conclusion?

A) What does this tell me: I'm not good at sticking to my set goals.
B) Will I be doing another 2016 goals post? I don't think so, I don't know yet. Maybe I'll just make a TBR of 10 books I really want to read in 2016.

Did you set yourself any goals for 2015 and how did you fare? Are you setting yourself goals for 2016? Let me know in the comments.

Bye for now

Annelies



No comments:

Post a Comment