Friday 22 January 2016

Friday Reads #2 - January 22nd

Hi booklovers

This is my Friday reads post for the upcoming weekend and week.
 
First a little update from last week.
 
I was able to finish two books:
1. Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch. I gave this book 4.5 stars and so I was able to use the patterned paper to make my first star for the star jar. I'm going to write a review for this book, so keep your eyes out for that.

2. Fuel the Fire by Becca & Krista Ritchie. I've started the year well - I know I started this book in 2015, but still - because I gave this one 5 stars. It's also the first book in the series that gets 5 stars. The characters have grown so much over the course of all the books. I haven't started 'Long Way Down' yet, because I want to savour it. But since it has over 500 pages, it'll take me some time to get through anyway. Not that I mind, though ;-)

I continued listening to another hour and fifteen minutes of 'Scarlet' by Marissa Meyer while taking down the Christmas tree and decorations. I'll be listening to more of this during the upcoming week.

I haven't read any more from 'Prince of Thornes' by Mark Lawrence. To be honest, I haven't really been in the mood to pick this one up. Maybe I'll read some more of this tonight.

This week I've started proof-reading Bre Faucheux' new fantasy book. I'm about 30 pages in and I'm really enjoying it. I'm hoping to get a good chunck of this read next week.

If I feel like it, I might start 'Let it snow' by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle. I know this is a Christmassy type of story, but since we finally had some cold weather last week, I thought I might pick it up. If I don't feel like picking this up, I might start 'Red Queen' by Victoria Aveyard.

Let me know in the comments what you'll be reading during the weekend and the upcoming week.

Bye for now

Annelies

No comments:

Post a Comment