Wednesday 31 August 2016

Top 5 Wednesday #3 - August 31.

Hi booklovers

Today's Top 5 Wednesday topic is 'Books I will never read'.

Top 5 Wednesday is a Goodreads group where every Wednesday you post your top 5 books about a certain topic.

Please note that these are my personal opinions and I don't mean to offend anyone. Also, these books are in no particular order.



I've read the first and about halfway through the second book. One event in the second book - the main character does a 180 at some point - made me put the book down and even get rid of it. Urgh, I really hated the books because of that turn of events.


I've never been interested in picking up this series. It was way overhyped and whenever I heard colleagues talking about it, I actually cringed a couple of times. I don't mind sex in novels, but there also has to be a story!!


#3 Any Victoria Schwab book
I don't know why, but every time I hear someone talk about those books, I find they don't appeal to me.


#4 The final two books in the Rosemary Beach series by Abbi Glines

















I really enjoyed the first books in this series, but once you read a similar storyline for the third time in a row (SPOILER: I mean, how many times can you use the 'Oh no, I got pregnant by having unprotected sex once' type of story?) it gets too much. Abbi Glines' books were my first introductions into NA, but I've since found series that are way better than hers.
I'm not sure I will ever pick up a book by her.


#5 The last books I will never read are from a Belgian author Patrick Lagrou
The reason I won't ever pick up any of his books anymore is because this author is such a prick. A couple of years ago he came to my school to talk to the first year pupils. I had to welcome him and accompany him to where he needed to be. From the very first moment he was very arrogant and annoying and very demanding and his attitude didn't improve during the day. Because I was so disgusted by his behaviour I vowed I would never read any of his books ever again. I know this might be a bit biased, but I've met a couple of other Belgian authors at our school since then and they have been much more pleasant and nice!


Which books will you never read and what's the reason? Let me know in the comments.


Bye for now

Annelies

No comments:

Post a Comment