Saturday 4 March 2017

February 2017 - wrap-up

Hi booklovers

February has flown by, so I'm here with my wrap-up. I read a total of 5 books (thank you audiobooks :-D ).


Like I said last month I continued with the Black Mage series by Rachel E. Carter and I finished the second book Apprentice. This was my least favourite of the series (it was still a four star read) because Ryiah really got on my nerves. If you want to know why, just read my full review here.

Next I finished the audiobook for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Needless to say, this was a 5 star read. I don't know if it's possible, but I'm enjoying these books more and more every time I reread them.
Meanwhile, I was also reading book three in the Black Mage series: Candidate. This was a 4.5 star read. Ryiah totally redeemed herself in this story. It was so emotional, action-packed and fastpaced. You can find my Goodreads review here. I'll be posting a full review soon.

I started listening to the audiobook of Throne of Glass as another read for the OW Book Club, since February's theme was badass females. I really enjoyed the audiobook because I like the narrator - it's the same narrator who did Nina's voice in the Six of Crows duology. I gave the book itself 3.5 stars. I had completely forgotten how arrogant and shallow Celaena is at the beginning of the first book. I wanted to reread the first three books so that I can continue with books 4 and 5 and hopefully be caught by the time book 6 comes out. I found out this week that I still have ample time, since it won't come out 'till May of 2018. Ah well, that way I don't have to speed through them. I am going to continue with the the audiobooks since they help speed up my reading :-)
And the last book I finished - literally on the last day of February - was my favourite read of the month: book four of the Black Mage series: Last Stand. This book had everything: it was action-packed and fastpaced, emotional - like real, raw emotions - so well-written. This book ripped my heart out, broke it into a million pieces and put it back together again. I will be doing a full review soon. I already know this series will make it to my top 10 books of 2017.


These are the two physical books I 'read' as audiobooks, the other three I read on my e-reader and that doesn't do the covers justice!
 


March' theme for the OW Bookclub is retellings so I hope to read Winter by Marissa Meyer. This book is humongous, so I'm not sure what else I'll be able to read, but I would like to squeeze in The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh.


How did your reading go in February? Did you read any good books? Let me know in the comments.
 

Bye for now
 

Annelies

2 comments:

  1. I'm also thinking of rereading the Throne of Glass series (I've only read up to book 2 anyway) so I can finally continue it and maybe be prepared once the next book comes out :)
    I hope you enjoy Winter!! The page number is daunting but it was worth it (I honestly wouldn't mind it being longer actually, hahaha). I'm reading Cruel Beauty and Heartless for OW Book Club this month.

    czai @ the Blacksheep Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read Heartless in January and I loved it, it was so heartbreaking! I've had Cruel Beauty on my wish list for quite a while, but I haven't picked it up yet. Hope you enjoy both!
      I'm expecting to really enjoy Winter, since I loved the other books to.
      Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I'm going to check out your blog too :-)

      Delete