Thursday 29 December 2016

Winter Wonderland Book Tag.

Hi booklovers


Since it's winter - and this is my favourite season - I felt like doing the 'Winter Wonderland book tag'. I found this tag on thriceread.

1. What book is so happy and sweet that it warms your heart?
Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson. Even though it has some heavy themes, I thought this was such a sweet and cute book, which is why I've read it twice already :-)
2. What is your favourite book with a white cover?
Even though I have a few white books on my shelves, the only white(ish) book on my shelves that I've actually read is Champion by Marie Lu. I really enjoyed this book, it was a nice conclusion to the trilogy.
3. You're sitting in a nice comfy chair, wearing a onesie, with a lovely warm hot chocolate, but what MONSTER read are you reading?
There are quite a few monster size books on my TBR, but Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff is the one I'm most likely to pick up next.
4. It started snowing, so you decided to have a snowball fight! What fictional character would you love to have the snowball fight with?
I'm going with a character from one of the most recent contemporary NA novels I read: Chris from Fractures in Ink by Helena Hunting.
5. Sadly, your fire is beginning to go out. So what book would you tear the last few chapters out to throw into the fire?
Ashes to Ashes by Jenny Han. I really enjoyed the first two books in the trilogy, but I didn't like the direction the third one went in and I certainly did not like the ending!
6. What book is so close to your heart that you would gift to someone this Christmas who hasn't read before but wants to get into reading?
Although my preferred genre is fantasy and I could go with the Harry Potter books I would still recommend two contemporary books: Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson and Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell. I know the last one doesn't really have a happy ending, but it still such a good book. And I think these books would be ideal to get someone into reading.
What would your answers be to (some of) these questions? Let me know in the comments.


Bye for now

Annelies

No comments:

Post a Comment