Monday 9 July 2018

TBR readathon - wrap up.

Hi booklovers

Yesterday, the #TBRreadathon, created by Irina from BeautifulPages, ended. I really enjoyed this two month long readathon. By giving myself a couple of options per challenge I was actually motivated to keep reading.

I managed to read 9 books and I completed 8 of the challenges. I call this a success :-)

Let's take a look at which books I read for the different challenges.
 
1. Read a book from a series you're in the middle of. 
Royal Assassin by Robin Hobb.

2. Read a book you own for a while.
Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence.
 3. Read a book you got recently. 
Lifel1k3 by Jay Kristoff.
 4. Read a short book. 
Quidditch through the Ages by J.K. Rowling
I listened to this on audio, but I actually had it on my physical TBR as well, so I'm counting it :-)
5. Read a long book (over 500 pages or around that).
Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman. This has 504 pages.
6. Read a book you're excited about. 
 Legendary by Stephanie Garber.
7. Read a book out of your comfort zone (or a book from a genre you don't normally read). 
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott.

8. Read a book with a beautiful cover. 
Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor.
9. Read 12 books. It is preferable if you choose 9 different books for the challenges and then have other 3 books of your choice :) The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling.
I started Assassin's Quest by Robin Hobb last week, but since that book has 800+ pages, I wasn't able to complete it because the story is moving along very slowly :-s 

So, like I said I reduced my TBR by 9 books, by I kind of also added 9 books to my TBR because I placed a BookDepository order three weeks ago :-s Ooops.
Oh well, at least it was evened out :-D
 
I had a lot of fun participating in this readathon, so I want to thank Irina for hosting it and hopefully she'll do it again in the future.
 
Bye for now
 
Annelies 

No comments:

Post a Comment