Wednesday 2 January 2019

Favourite books of 2018.

Hi booklovers

It's the second day of the new year, so let's talk about the best books I've read in 2018.

But first, some statistics:

I'm not going to put these in any specific order, I'm just going to list them. I've divided them according to genre.

Favourite fantasy books

*The Well of Ascension - The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson
*Royal Assassin by Robin Hobb
 
*The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
 
*Traitor's Blade by Sebastien de Castell

*Ship of Magic by Robin Hobb

*Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

Favourite dystopian and sci-fi

*Scythe - Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman

*Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

*Obsidio by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

*Skyward by Brandon Sanderson

Favourite New Adult contemporary

*Damaged Like Us by Krista & Becca Ritchie

I had a great reading year: I wanted to read 60 books and managed to read 64. This year, I'm lowering my goal to 30 books, so I don't feel pressured to read. I'm probably going to read more, but I mainly want to focus on those bigger fantasy books on my TBR, so those will take me longer to get through.

How was your reading year?

Bye for now

Annelies

4 comments:

  1. Hi Annelies!

    I'm Lien and also a teacher in Belgium! I'm so glad to meet you! Belgian book bloggers are rare and we seem to have a lot in common!

    I love Laini Taylor and I just finished The Mad Ship by Robin Hobb yesterday!

    I have lowered my reading goal to 30 books as well this year for exactly the same reason!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lien

      Nice to meet you! Apparently I sent you a friend request on GR today :-D

      Which subjects do you teach? I teach Dutch and Religious Education.

      Good luck with your reading this year!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I teach English and Spanish. I'm from Aalter but I teach in Kortrijk and Geraardsbergen. Where are you from?

      Good luck with your reading year as well!

      Delete
    3. I studied English as well, but I'm not teaching it at the moment :'-(

      I'm from Lede and teach in Denderleeuw. I taught in Geraardsbergen (Middenschool) a couple of years ago.

      Delete