Monday 18 March 2019

Sequel-a-thon.

Hi booklovers

Even though I'm not a readathon person, I found one I wanted to take part in because it sounds like a low-pressure one: the sequel-a-thon.

This readathon is hosted by Leighanne from Leighanne's Lit (amongst others, but I saw her announcement). You can check out her announcement video here.

This readathon takes place from the 21st 'till the 31st of March.

There are only three prompts, so it's doable :-)

Here's my TBR:
1) Read the sequel you've been putting of the longest: Knight's Shadow by Sebastien de Castell. I read the first one 'Traitor's Blade' back in August and I still haven't read the second one.

2) Continue with a series that you started last year: Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi or Ship of Destiny by Robin Hobb.

3) Finish a series: Again: either Ship of Destiny or Ignite Me. I know this isn't technically the end of a series, but since this was originally going to be a trilogy I'm counting it as the last book.

There is a bonus prompt, which is to give your TBR a fun name. So, I decided to go with: 'I really want to get these off my TBR so I can start a new series'-TBR.

To be honest, I'm probably only going to concentrate on prompts 2 and 3 and read Ignite Me (you can use the same book for different prompts, yay!). I'm not a fast reader if I can't alternate between reading the physical book and listening to the audiobook, so it might take me a bit longer to finish Ignite Me. I would be happy to just finish this one book, because I might read 'Restore Me' for the OWLs readathon. (I know, I know, I just said that I consider Ignite Me to be the conclusion, but let's just roll with it, shall we?!)

Hopefully I can finish my current read 'Dreams of Gods and Monsters' before Thursday so I can start the readathon then.

Do you marathon books in a series or do you just read one and then take ages to pick up the next book in the series?
Let me know in the comments!

Bye for now

Annelies

No comments:

Post a Comment