Sunday 19 April 2015

Song title book tag

Hi booklovers

Today I would like to do to another tag for you. This time it's 'The song title book tag'.

I saw this tag on Kassidy's channel and it was created by Alice Reeds.

You have 10 songs by different artists and in different genres and match them with a book.

1 - Guns N' Roses - November Rain - Pick a book with a sad/tragic ending.
I think this one will be picked by a lot of people, but I'm going to choose it anyway: The Fault in Our Stars.

2 - Queen - Another One Bites the Dust - Pick a book which a lot of killing in it.
For this song I'm going to go with Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers. This story is about a handmaiden of Death, so it's pretty normal that a lot of characters die.
 

3 - Britney Spears - Oops!... I did it again - Pick a book you read more than twice.
I've reread the first four Harry Potter books multiple times for a paper I wrote for my English class and my dissertation. I have reread books 5 and 6 twice but I've only read the last book once. I really want to reread the entire series soon :-)
 

4 - Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here - Your currently most anticipated book.
For this I'm going with three books:




And last but not least: Nowhere But Here
5 - Florence + the Machine - No light, no light - Pick a book that was just so bad you'd like to lock it away in a dark corner and never look at it ever again.
I didn't have to think very hard on this one: Dreaming Anastasia by Joy Preble. Actually, I'm going with the whole series. That's why I got rid of them in my unhaul. I kind of enjoyed the first two books, but I really didn't like the third one and it's affecting the whole series.

6 - Skylar Grey - Final Warning - Pick a book with a kick ass protagonist you'd not want to piss off.
I think a lot of people are going to say this, but I'm picking Throne of Glass. I wouldn't want to piss off Calaena. 

Come to think of it, I might also add Ismae from Grave Mercy because she is handmaiden of Death, so I think I would want to stay in her good books :-)

7 - My Chemical Romance - I'm not Okay - Pick a book that deals with a hard topic like loss or bullying.
I read Wonder for the Anti-Bully Readathon hosted by Sarah Churchill. This book is about a young boy who was born with a facial deformity. Since he is only just starting school, he has to deal with bullying because of his appearance. 

8 - Linkin Park - Breaking the Habit - Pick a book you read which was outside of your usual comfort zone yet you still enjoyed reading.
I'm not going to choose a specific book for this one, but rather a genre. I only started reading (YA) contemporary last year, because I always thought that contemporary stories were fluffy love stories. But I have to admit this isn't the case at all - or I should say: all the time.

9 - Troye Sivan - Happy little Pill - Pick a book that makes you happy.
Welcome to Rosie Hopkins' Sweetshop of Dreams. I've always been kind of a sweet tooth and when I saw this book I immediately felt intrigued by the storyline. It's so nice to read about the different sweets and how they intertwine with the story - both in the present and the past. I really enjoyed this book and it made me happy. (I have to admit that I didn't know all the sweets that are mentioned in this book and I still need to look them up.)


10 - Ladyhawk - Dusk Till Dawn - Pick a book you read in one night/sitting.
Eleanor and Park. I started reading this book at 7.30 a.m. and finished it at around 1 p.m. This book was so good and captivating, I just couldn't put it down.

I'm going to tag Bre and Caitlin :-)

Let me know in the comments if you've read any of these books or what your most anticipated release is.

Bye for now

Annelies

No comments:

Post a Comment