Tuesday 12 January 2016

Star jar.


Hi booklovers

Today I want to talk about a little project I'm going to start: a star jar.

I got this idea from Sam from Thoughts on Tomes. You should really check out her channel :-) At the beginning of 2015 she made a video in which she talks about making a star jar and I like it so much that I want to try it for myself.

The idea is that you make an origami star for every book you've read. You choose a different colour for each genre and a patterned paper for a five star read. That way you can more or less keep track of how many books you've read, which genre you've read the most from and how many books you rated 5 star. I'm not sure how that will work out for me, because I hardly ever give a book 5 stars. So, I'm going to use a different pattern for my 4.5 star reads as well.

Genres and colours:
  • fantasy: purple
  • sci-fi/dystopian: yellow
  • NA: blue
  • contemporary: red
  • paranormal: light green

I know NA is not a genre, but I wanted to include it anyway. 

Genres and patterns: 4.5 and 5 stars:
  • fantasy: 
  • sci-fi/dystopian:

  • NA:

  • contemporary:

  • paranormal:


Fingers crossed that by the end of the year I will have a jar filled with a variety of coloured stars and hopefully there will be some patterned ones too.
 
Thank you, Sam, for such a lovely idea!
 
How do you keep track of the books you've read? Let me know in the comments.
 
Bye for now
 
Annelies
 
P.S.: Here's the link to a YouTube video on how to make the origami stars.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment