Tuesday 30 January 2018

Cozyathon read-a-thon.

Hi booklovers

I don't have the best track record with read-a-thons, but the #cozyathon looks like a very nice and cosy read-a-thon. I really like that it doesn't focus on the quantity of what you read but on the quality and the coziness of the reading itself.

The creator of this read-a-thon is Silvia Kay. You can find her announcement video here.

The read-a-thon will take place from February 1st 'till February 15th and the theme is Saint-Valentine. I'm not the biggest fan of Valentine's day, but I am a big fan of making the reading experience very cozy and spreading the love of reading :-)

Like with any read-a-thon there are some challenges:

General dates:

1. Coffee/Tea Date: Read in a coffee shop or tearoom
2. Chocolate Date: Read while eating or drinking chocolate 
3. Cake shop Date: Read while eating cake or cookies 
4. "Movie" Date: Read while eating popcorn 
5. Walk Date: Take a walk while listening to an audiobook 
6. Romantic Date: Visit a romantic place and read there 
7. Stay-at-home Date: Read wrapped up in a blanket 
8. Cinderella Date: Read until midnight 

Bookish Dates:

9. Read a book with red or pink on the cover 
10. Read a book with a sweet title 
11. Read a book about love or relationship 
12. Watch a Disney adaptation of a fairy tale of your choice and then read a retelling of it 
13. Buddy read a book with someone 
14. Have a reading date with (a) friend(s) or your loved one 
15. Shopping Date: Buy yourself a bookish present

The challenges in italic are the ones I'm going to try and achieve.

I'm not really going to put together a TBR, because I'm a mood reader and mostly I don't feel like reading the books on my TBR as soon as I put them on the list (weird, I know).

However, I am reading The Well of Ascension at the moment, so I'll definitely be continuing with that. That book will go towards the challenges of 'walk date', 'stay-at-home date' and 'buddy read a book with someone'.

I'm also planning on rereading Gemina (alternating between reading the physical book and listening to the audiobook) with some people from the Of Wonderland Bookclub. I'm rereading this in preparation for the release of Obsidio in March :-)

The only fairytale retelling I have on my shelves (and that I feel like reading at the moment) is The Great Hunt by Wendy Higgins. Unfortunately, this is based on the fairytale 'The singing bone' (I have absolutely no idea what this is about) so I don't think there is a Disney adaptation of it. It's safe to say I will probably not achieve this challenge.

During the second week of the read-a-thon I have a week off, so that will allow me to read until midnight (Cinderella date) and I'll probably read 'Damaged Like Us' by Becca and Krista Ritchie then. That is a New Adult love story and I usually have a hard time putting their books down, so that would be the ideal time to read it.

But like I said, I'm a mood reader, so this 'list' is subject to change :-)

Will you be participating in this read-a-thon? If so, what are the challenges you would like to achieve? Do you have a TBR? Let me know in the comments.

Bye for now

Annelies


No comments:

Post a Comment