Friday 21 June 2019

Medieval-A-Thon TBR

Hi booklovers

I have only one more week of the schoolyear left and then I have a two month break in which I'm going to spend a whole lot of my time reading :-)

That's why I was over the moon when Holly over at HollyHeartsBooks on BookTube announced her Medieval-A-Thon readathon.

This is a month-long readathon which will take place from the 1st of July 'till the 31st of July.

There are different prompts with which you can build your own armour. You can also choose your weapons and raise your nobility the more you read.
I made these pages for my book bujo and every time I finish a book, I'll colour in the corresponding clothing item or weapon.

As usual I'm going to give myself some choices for most of the prompts, just to make sure I feel like reading at least one of the books.
Since taking the photos this week, I've already made some changes.

Hopefully I'll be able to read 10 books, but I might end up using one book for two prompts. We'll see.

Now on to the TBR.

Build your armour:

Crown:
A book where a character fights for the throne.

*Half a King by Joe Abercrombie.
*King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence.
*Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake.
Helmet:
A book with a dragon on the cover.

*The Red Knight by Miles Cameron.
Breastplate:
A shiny book.

*Legendary by Stephanie Garber (this would be a reread).
Leggings:
A thick paperback.

*Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson.
*The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks.
*The Blinding Knife by Brent Weeks. (I still need to get this one.)
*Malice by John Gwynne.
*The Painted Man by Peter V. Brett.
(*King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence)
(*The Red Knight by Miles Cameron)
Boots:
A book that has yellowed over time.

At first I didn't know which book would fit this prompt, but when I took the photo for the previous prompt I noticed that the edges of Malice have yellowed.
Cloak:
A book with red on the dust jacket.

*Finale by Stephanie Garber.
*Red Sister by Mark Lawrence.
Choose your weapon(s):

Sword:
A book with something pointy on the cover.

*Traitor's Blade by Sebastien de Castell (there is a slight possibility that I (re)read this before the readathon starts).
(*Malice by John Gwynne)
(*King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence)
(*Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson)
(*The Red Knight by Miles Cameron)
Daggers:
A book with assassins.

*Nevernight by Jay Kristoff (this would also be a reread in preparation of the release of Darkdawn).
(*Red Sister by Mark Lawrence)
*Grey Sister by Mark Lawrence (if I've read Red Sister for another prompt).
Bow and arrow:
A book with elves.

This will probably be the prompt I won't get to.
*De Elfen by Bernhard Hennen (this one is in Dutch).
Axe:
A book with mercenaries.

*Kings of the Wyld by Nicholas Eames (I still need to get this one as well).
(*Traitor's Blade by Sebastien de Castell (if I haven't read it before the readathon).
*Knight's Shadow by Sebastien de Castell.
As for the nobility, I'm aiming for Queen which means I need to read 6 or more books. We'll see how it goes, because a lot of the books I can choose from fit the 'Leggings' prompt because they are over 500 pages.

Are you interested in taking part in this readathon? Any recommendation on which of these I should definitely read or pick up first?
Let me know in the comments.

Bye for now.

Annelies

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a readathon and you've picked so many good books! I hope you enjoy reading through them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope I will too :-D Will you be joining the readathon?

      Delete