Monday 16 February 2015

Valentine / February reads

Hi booklovers

I know I'm extremely late to post this, but the last week before the midterm was very hectic, so I kind of forgot to finish this post. But I still want to share it with you.

Although I'm not a fan of Valentine's Day - yes, I am one of those people who thinks Valentine's Day is overhyped - I have to admit I like reading love stories every now and then. I've actually only recently started reading books in the contemporary / romance genre.

First of all I want to share some books I've already read:

1) Pushing the Limits, Dare You To, Crash Into You, Take Me On, Breaking The Rules - Katie McGarry
2) If I stay, Where she went - Gayle Forman
3) The Fault in Our Stars - John Green
4) Eleanor & Park - Rainbow Rowell

I think we can discover a theme here: love stories with an edge. That's the kind of love stories I prefer, I don't care much for those lovey dovey stories.

The next set of books are in a genre that I've also discovered last year: New Adult. They have some (very) explicit content, so be wary if you are a younger reader.

5) Rosemary Beach series - Abbi Glines
6) The Vincent Boys & Brothers - Abbi Glines (I know these were originally released as YA books, but she added some more mature content.)

Some people don't like Abbi Glines' books, but I think they are fun, quick, sexy reads. Admittedly, the most recent releases in the Rosemary Beach series are a bit more cliché, but hey, every girl needs her guilty pleasure reads ;-)



Finally, this is a list of books I want to read and I think are suitable for Valentine's Day:

2) Just One Day, Just One Year, Just One Night (e-novella) - Gayle Forman
3) The summer I turned pretty trilogy - Jenny Han
4) To all the boys I've loved before - Jenny Han (this is the only one in this list I actually own)

I have to admit I didn't get around to reading any of these books, because I was still reading Rebel Spring and I'm currently reading Gathering Darkness

Let me know in the comments if you've read any of these books or if you want to read some of them. Maybe you could also recommend me which of the books I haven't yet read I should pick up soon :-) or give me some other recommendations!


Bye for now

Annelies

2 comments:

  1. Hi there !

    Can I read 'To all the boys I've loved before' when you're finished with it? ;)
    Thaaaanks!

    The blog looks really good by the way !

    Lots of love,

    Floor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, dear niece, you can borrow 'To all the boys I've loved before' if you promise to take very good care of it :-)
    And thanks for the compliment about my blog! ;-)

    ReplyDelete