Sunday 24 July 2016

Mid-Year Book Freak-Out Tag

Hi booklovers

The first half of the year has flown by so fast and I thought it would be fun to do the Mid-Year Book Freak-Out Tag. 
 
1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2016. 
See my Favourite books of 2016 so far post for this answer.

2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2016. 
Ice Like Fire by Sarah Raasch
3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to. 
There are a few: Stars Above by Marissa Meyer, The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson, ACOMAF by Sarah J. Maas (which I'm currently reading), Thief of Lies by Brenda Drake, Truthwitch by Susan Dennard, Passenger by Alexandra Bracken, The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine, The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye. As you can see, I have a lot of catching up to do.
 



















 















         Apart from the first three, I don't even own these new releases yet.

4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.
Although I haven't read Six of Crows yet, I'm excited for Crooked Kingdom.
I'm also excited for Heartless by Marissa Meyer.
5. Biggest disappointment.
It wasn't a total disappointment, but I didn't enjoy Cruel Crown by Victoria Aveyard as much as I thought. I described why in my May & June wrap-up.
6. Biggest surprise. 
Fables Volume 1 and Locke & Key Volume 1. I honestly didn't think I would enjoy these as much as I did.
7. Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you)
Helena Hunting was a new to me author and I immediately fell in love with her Clipped Wings books.
 















8. Newest fictional crush.
Hayden Stryker, the male lead from Clipped Wings and Inked Armor by Helena Hunting.

9. Newest favourite character.
Breanna Miller from Walk The Edge by Katie McGarry. She is one of those characters that goes through so much growth throughout her story.
10. Book that made you cry.
No surprises here: Second Chance Summer.
11. Book that made you happy.
12. Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received)
Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard. I got this book as a New Year's gift from my boyfriend.
13. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
I don't really have a TBR, just a list of 20 books I would like to read this year. (You can find the blogpost here. I've also done an update.)

14. Favourite Book Community Member.
Bre Faucheux, Little Book Owl, ThoughtsonTomes and Sam's Nonsense are a few of my favourite BookTubers.

How's your reading year going so far? What are your answers to (some of) these questions? Let me know in the comments.

Bye for now

Annelies

No comments:

Post a Comment