Friday 16 March 2018

Book hauls revisited - February 2016 - 2017.

Hi booklovers

I'm running a bit behind with these book haul revisited posts, so it's time to take a look at my bookhauls for February 2016 and 2017.

February 2016

*A Memory of Lights by Brandon Sanderson / Robert Jordan. I actually ordered this from Abebooks because I couldn't find the mass market paperback anymore.
*Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini. I've since heard mixed things about this book.
*Mystic City by Theo Lawrence. Same story as with Trial by Fire.
*Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott. This was supposed to be a trilogy, but apparently the third was never released.
*Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. This was a gift from one of my best friends :-)
*Abraham Lincoln, vampire hunter and Last America Vampire by Seth Graeme-Smith. These were both gifts from a close friend as well.
 
*Six of Crows, Siege and Storm and Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo. I already owned and read Shadow and Bone and I loved it, so I ordered the other two books in the trilogy.


*Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch. I had already read the first book in the trilogy.

February 2017

*Fables volume 3: Storybook Love by Billy Willingham.
*Saga volume 4 by Brian K Vaughan.
*Alex+Ada volume 1 by Jonathan Luna.
*Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas. Book 5 in the Throne of Glass series.
*Gilded Cage by Vic James. I got this in MyBookishCrate bookbox.
*The Novice by Taran Matharu.
*Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton. 
*The Great Hunt by Wendy Higgins.

These are the ones I've already read.

*Six of Crows. I loved this book and Leigh Bardugo has become an (almost) auto-buy author.

*Siege and Storm. I really enjoyed this a lot.

*Ruin and Rising. I went into this book with really high expectations and for the most part it was really good, but I found the ending to be a bit anti-climatic.

*Ice Like Fire. I've actually read this twice. I really enjoyed it the first time around, but I really struggled to get through it the second time. But I wanted to finish it because I wanted to read the third book.

*Fables 3. I enjoyed this, right up to the final pages and I'm probably not going to be continuing with this series.

* Saga volume 4. I found this to be less good than the first three. I did want to continue with the series.

*Alex + Ada. I looooooved this so much.

I wasn't kidding last month when I said that I haven't read all the books I bought in the past. 

Have you read any of these? Any recommendations on which one of the unread ones I should pick up soon?

Bye for now

Annelies

No comments:

Post a Comment