Friday 13 April 2018

Book hauls revisited - March 2016 - 2017.

Hi booklovers

I'm playing catch-up so let's take a look at my March 2016 and 2017 book hauls.

March 2016
*Written in Red by Anne Bishop. After accidentally buying the second book in January, I finally got the first book in the series.
*Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard.

March 2017
*Wintersong by S. Jay Jones. If I'm honest, this was a cover buy.
*Hunted by Meagan Spooner.
*Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor. This has a STUNNING edition: the cover, the sprayed edges!! The book was included in the anniversary box from Fairyloot.

These are the ones I've actually read.
*Written in Red. I read this series over the summer last year and I loooooooved it. I alternated between reading the physical book and listening to the audiobook and it was great. I highly recommend the audiobook as well, btw. The humor is so on point, it's wonderful.

*Glass Sword. To be honest, I can hardly remember what this book is about. I'm still unsure if I'll be continuing with the series or not. Maybe I'll get the e-book or borrow it from the library.

*Hunted. I read this for the #OfWonderlandBookClub on Goodreads and the theme was 'New to me author'. I really liked this beauty and the beast retelling. Unfortunately, I was also a bit underwhelmed and even disappointed by the ending.


I'm actually really proud of myself, because not only did I not buy as many books as in February, I've actually already read 3 out of these 5.

I know everyone and there mother has read Strange the Dreamer by now and I really want to pick it up soon. But on the other hand, I want to postpone reading it until closer to the release date of the second book. We finally have a release date, which is October 2.

Have you read any of these? What did you think of them? Let me know in the comments.

Bye for now

Annelies

No comments:

Post a Comment