Tuesday 10 April 2018

Try a chapter tag #2.

Hi booklovers

I finished The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson back in March and I absolutely loved it. However, at that time I had no clue on what to pick up next. 

So, I did another 'Try a Chapter' tag (but I totally forgot to post it). Note: I've already read two more books after finishing the book I chose here, but I'm going to post this anyway :-D

1) Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
I'm actually cheating a bit with this one, because this was a reread. However, I have forgotten a lot and I want to prepare for Restore Me. Needless to say I really enjoyed it.

2) Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott
The first chapter was really intriguing, especially the last line. I am, however, hesitant to pick this up because it was supposed to be a trilogy, but the third one never got published.
 
3) Frost Blood by Elly Drake
It was intriguing, but the premise sounds a lot like Red Queen. I think it has a typical YA storyline: the protagonist is 'different from everyone else', something bad happens to him/her and he/she wants revenge.
The cover is stunning, though!
 
4) Gilded Cage by Vic James
The first chapter gave me 'Everless' vibes, which is weird, because Gilded Cage was published first. I'm not sure about this one yet...
 
5) Scythe by Neil Shusterman 
This really intrigued me. At school, I've been teaching my pupils about different creation stories and how it's important to respect the environment. We've also been talking about global warming and what we can do to slow down the climate change. To then pick up a story in which all of these problems plus more have been solved and no one dies anymore, was really fascinating. What would happen if others decide who dies and when...
 
Needless to say I continued reading Scythe. Like I said, I have since finished it and I really enjoyed it. I found the concept of the scythes deciding who gets gleaned (killed) interesting. People think all of their problems have been solved and everyone is just and fair but of course there are 'corrupt' scythes... I'm going to order the sequel soon.
 
Have you read any of the books in this tag? Let me know in the comments.
 
Bye for now
 
Annelies

No comments:

Post a Comment