Wednesday 2 May 2018

January - April 2018 book haul.

Hi booklovers

I've been on a bookbuying ban since October 2017 and I have been really good about it, except for the month of March where I caved and ordered 9 books. I'll talk more about that later in this post. 

Let's take a look at the books I bought during the first four months of 2018:

January

*The Cruel Prince by Holly Black - this was the January Fairyloot book.

February

*Immortal Reign by Morgan Rhodes. This is book 6 in the Falling Kingdom series. I read it as soon as I got it :-)

*The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert - the February Fairyloot book. This was one of my anticipated releases for this year.

*Angelfall by Susan Ee. This was actually a gift from a former pupil :-)

March

So this is the month where I totally fell of the wagon. In my defence: I had a 10% discount code from BookDepository and out of the 9 books I ordered 4 of them I had already read as e-books or listened to as an audiobook. One book was also a gift for a friend's birthday.

*Unravel Me - Unite Me - Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi. I have read these before as e-books. I already own Shatter Me, so I wanted to complete the series. I also pre-ordered the paperback of Restore Me, but it was released in April.

*Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop. I listened to this one last August and I had to wait until this year for it to come out in paperback.

*The Way of Kings part 1 and The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson. I love the Mistborn trilogy, so I want to continue with the spin-off series and venture on to another one of his series.

*Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. I wanted to see the movie but I needed to read the book before that. I managed to finish the book a couple of hours before seeing the movie :-)

April

*Obsidio by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff, another one of my most anticipated releases of 2018. I actually ordered the special Obsidio box from TheYAChronicles. It took about two weeks for it to arrive but it was worth the wait. The items in the box were so cool and I loooooved the book. It was a great conclusion to the trilogy.

*Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi. Like I said, I ordered this in March but it wasn't released until April.

*The April Fairyloot box was delayed, so I'll be adding this to my May haul. I've actually cancelled my subscription of Fairyloot for the time being, because I have been really disappointed with the boxes lately. The April box sounded interesting, but the May one didn't. At first I wanted to look for a different subscription box, but I won't be doing that.

Which books did you get in the first four months of 2018? Let me know in the comments.

Bye for now

Annelies

No comments:

Post a Comment