Sunday 20 May 2018

TBR readathon - update #1

Hi booklovers

This is my update for the first week of the #TBRreadathon, created by Irina from Beautiful Pages on YT. You can find my TBR post here.

The readathon started on Sunday 13th May, but I was still reading The Queen of the Tearling, which I finished on Monday.

So, on Tuesday I was finally able to start reading for the readathon.

The first challenge I chose is 'Read a book with a pretty cover'.
I had only one choice for this challenge, which is Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor. I'm so in love with this cover and the blue sprayed pages. (And this weekend they announced that Muse of Nightmares is going to be orange and there is an edition with orange sprayed pages!!)

This edition has 536 pages and at the moment of writing this post, I've read 398 pages. I took me a couple of pages to get used to Laini's writing style, but once I did I was quickly immersed in the story.

I also started listening to Quidditch through the Ages. I finished this already. This was such a fun story to listen to, especially the 1,5 hour of extra material.
This book fits the challenge of 'Read a short book'. 
I hope to finish Strange the Dreamer this week. I'm not sure yet what I'll pick up next. I might read The Tales of Beedle the Bard, which could count for challenge 9 'Read 12 books'. :-)

Are you participating in this readathon? If so, how was your reading this week? Let me know in the comments.

Bye for now

Annelies

 

No comments:

Post a Comment