Tuesday 1 May 2018

March - April 2018 - wrap-up.

Hi booklovers

The other day I realised I never posted my March wrap-up, so today I'm combining both my March and April wrap-up.

During these months I read 11 books: 2 graphic novels, 4 audiobooks and 5 physical books.
Let's take a look at what I've read:

March

After reading Transmetropolitan volume 1 last year, I finally got around to reading the second volume. I enjoyed it, but it also sometimes confused the hell out of me. I am going to read the third volume, because I'm still not sure if this is a series for me. I'm also borrowing these from a colleague, so I need to return them before the end of the schoolyear :-)

After struggling with Saga volumes 4 and 5, really enjoying volume 6 and having some mixed feelings about volume 7, I was a bit anxious about picking up volume 8. But I really enjoyed this volume and I can't wait to get my hands on volume 9 later this year.
I really enjoyed The Final Empire and The Well of Ascension, so in March I read The Hero of Ages and I really loved it. I can definitely see Sanderson becoming an auto-buy author. 
After listening to the first two books in the Wayward Children's series I was really curious to see what/who the next one would be about. I really enjoyed Beneath the Sugar Sky, even though the main character Rini got on my nerves sometimes. I'm really happy there will be more books in the series.
The last book I read in March I've had on my TBR for over a year. After doing a second edition of the 'Try a chapter' tag, I was the most interested in continuing Scythe. When I asked on my IG story what my next read should be, a lot of people voted 'yes' for this book. I really enjoyed this book and I want to read the sequel - which I won a giveaway - very soon. The concept of a world where people don't die but are gleened was really different. 

April

For the April theme of the #OfWonderlandBookClub on Goodreads - Books with movie adaptations - I listened to Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda and I ended up enjoying it more than I thought I would. Even though I liked it, I did realise that (YA) contemporary isn't really my thing. I occasionally enjoy it, but fantasy will always be my preferred genre.
The next book I picked up was Ready Player One and I loved it. This whole book was a trip down memory lane because I'm an 80s kid :-) Even though there are a LOT of differences between the book and the movie, I loved both!! (I also read this book for the bookclub.)
The third book I read in April was one of my most anticipated releases of 2018: Obsidio. I had ordered the Obsidio box from TheYAChronicles, so I didn't get it until 2 weeks after its release date. Needless to say I dove straight into it as soon as I received it. Even though this book wasn't as action-packed and fast-paced as the first two, this was the perfect conclusion to the trilogy. This book will most probably end up in my top 10 favourite reads of 2018.
In order to prepare myself for the release of A Court of Frost and Starlight, I reread both A Court of Mist and Fury and A Court of Wings and Ruin. I can totally see that these books have flaws, but I really enjoy them a lot nonetheless.
ACOMAF
ACOWAR
And the last book I read - I should say listened to - in April was again one for the bookclub and that was Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. I've read this book a very long time ago and apparently I had totally forgotten how weird this book is. I still enjoyed it though and I will eventually listen to Through the looking-glass.
I'm really happy with the number of books I've read and with what I read.
What was your favourite read in March and/or April? Let me know in the comments.
 
Bye for now
 
Annelies

No comments:

Post a Comment