Monday 22 April 2019

Beat the Backlist - reading challenge (April) check-in.

Hi booklovers

At the beginning of the year I committed myself to reading 24 books that were published before 2019.

Since it's already April, I thought it was time for a check-in.

It was actually going pretty well so I decided to up the amount of books I want to read from 24 to 30 (and I'm still 10 books ahead of schedule). Funny thing is my total GR goal for this year is 30. I'm not going to up that amount.

Out of the books I put on my Beat the Backlist TBR, let's see how many I've actually read:


*The Blade Itself - Joe Abercrombie
*The Hazelwood - Melissa Albert
*The Cruel Prince - Holly Black
*Three Dark Crowns - Kendare Blake
*The Painted Man - Peter V. Brett
*The Furies of Calderon - Jim Butcher
*The Red Knight - Miles Cameron
*Priestess of the White - Trudi Canavan
*Spellwright - Blake Charlton
*The Last Namsara - Kristen Ciccarelli
*Spellslinger - Sebastien de Castell (I'm currently reading this one)
*Knight's Shadow - Sebastien de Castell
*Even the Darkest Star - Heather Fawcett
*Malice - John Gwynne
*The Mad Ship - Robin Hobb
*King of Thorns - Mark Lawrence
*Clariel - Garth Nix
*The Colour of Magic - Terry Pratchett
*The Alloy of Law - Brandon Sanderson
*Warbreaker - Brandon Sanderson
*The Way of Kings (pt 1) - Brandon Sanderson
*The Crown Tower - Michael J. Sullivan
*The Way of Shadows - Brent Weeks

Which backlist books have I read instead? These are in reading order.

*Alphas Like Us - Krista & Becca Ritchie
*Unravel Me - Tahereh Mafi
*Days of Blood and Starlight - Laini Taylor
*Saga volume 9 - Brian K. Vaughan & Fiona Staples
*The Mad Ship - Robin Hobb
*Fracture Me - Tahereh Mafi
*Sleeping Giants - Sylvain Neuvel
*Waking Gods - Sylvain Neuvel
*The Redemption of Callie and Kayden - Jessica Sorensen
*Dreams of Gods and Monsters - Laini Taylor
*Girls: conception - The Luna Brothers
*Gils: emergence - The Luna Brothers
*Ignite Me - Tahereh Mafi
*Only Human - Sylvain Neuvel
*Restore Me - Tahereh Mafi
*The Destiny of Violet & Luke - Jessica Sorensen
*Paper Girls - Brian K. Vaughan
*The Great Hunt - Wendy Higgins

Have I lowered my physical TBR? Nope, simply because I've been buying books, reading e-books, rereading books and listening to audiobooks :-s

I'm going to continue focusing on reading backlist books from my physical TBR. At the same time there are some series I want to continue, but I still need to get the next book(s).

I'll be checking in with this challenge again in July.

Have you been able to reduce your (physical) TBR yet this year?

Are there any books on my TBR you think I should get to first? Let me know in the comments.

Bye for now

Annelies

No comments:

Post a Comment