Sunday 21 July 2019

Mid Year Book Freak Out Tag | 2019 edition

Hi booklovers

Since we've passed the midway point of the year, I thought it'd be fun to do this tag. 

This tag was originally created by Chami (ReadLikeWildfire) and Earl Grey Books. I read about it on Nadine's blog.

Best book you've read so far in 2019.
I'm going to cheat a bit for this one, because there are already a couple of books that will make it to my best books of 2019 list at the end of the year.
(Even though this is a reread, I'm still including it.)

Best sequel you've read so far in 2019.
Besides Days of Blood and Starlight and The Mad Ship, this one:

New release you haven't read, but want to.
Even though I've been a bit disappointed with my rereads of Caraval and Legendary, I still want to read Finale. I'm just not sure when yet.

Most anticipated releases for the second half of the year.

Biggest disappointment.
I originally started this back in October 2018, but I couldn't get into it, so I put it down. I gave it another try in March, but after a couple of chapters I decided to DNF it because it just wasn't the story for me.

I've also been disappointed in my rereads of Caraval and Legendary, I enjoyed them more the first time around.

Biggest surprise.

I'd only read one book by Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns (I'just the second book in the trilogy, King of Thorns). So I was unsure of what to expect with this one, since it is a YA sci-fi story. I listened to it on audio and I was pleasantly surprised. Being an 80s kid myself, I found the atmosphere and the setting to be really cool.

Favourite new author (debut or new to you).
Brent Weeks. I'm very curious to continue with his Lightbringer series and to start his Night Angel trilogy.

Newest fictional crush.
Bancroft Mills from Shacking Up by Helena Hunting.

Newest favourite character.
Malta Vestrit from The Mad Ship and Ship of Destiny (I didn't like her in Ship of Magic) by Robin Hobb.

Waxillian and Wayne from The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson.


Book that made you cry.

Book that made you happy.
Shacking Up by Helena Hunting.

Most beautiful book you've bought (or received) this year.

What books do you need to read before the end of the year?
These are a few of the books I would like to read before the end of the year.
I also have a couple of rereads I need to do before the next one comes out.

This is what my reading year so far looks like. Here's to a second half of the reading year that's just as good as the first half.

Bye for now

Annelies

No comments:

Post a Comment