Wednesday 24 July 2019

WWW Wednesday July 24th - Readathon Updates

Hi booklovers

"Welcome to WWW Wednesday! This meme was formerly hosted by MizB at A Daily Rhythm and revived on Taking on a World of Words. Just answer the three questions below and leave a link to your post in the comments for others to look at. No blog? No problem! Just leave a comment with your responses. Please, take some time to visit the other participants and see what others are reading. So, let’s get to it!"

I found this on Nadine's blog.

The Three Ws are: 
What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you’ll read next?

Currently reading
This is the fourth week of both the MedievalAThon and the IronTomeAThon.

I finally started Malice by John Gwynne.
I tried to read this a couple of years ago, but I found it too confusing and I couldn't invest enough time in it to fully immerse myself into the story, so I put it down. But I definitely wanted to give it another try. So, this week I decided to pick it up again. 
I'm only 90 pages in and it's going very slow because my copy has very small print and I don't have the audiobook for this one (I can't find it anywhere :-s ). It's also a story that has a lot of characters. I'm writing down all the character names, just so I can keep track of them. Hopefully I'll be able to finish it before the end of the month/readathons *crosses fingers*.

This one would award me the rank of Queen for the MedievalAThon and get me some leggings. For the IronTomeAThon I would count it towards King's Landing (and then I would use King of Thorns for Asshai). This would also grant me 628 points.

Recently finished
Last week I finished King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence. At first I didn't really know how I felt about it. I didn't feel as connected to Jorg as I did in Prince of Thorns. But I let it sink in a bit and I wrote a review about it. While writing that review I realised I did really enjoy it.
I became a knight with a crown *LOL* in the MedievalAThon. This goes towards the prompt of Asshai for the IronTomeAThon and I earned 597 points.

Because I felt like my reading was going so slow, I decided to pick up a graphic novel. I have read Alax + Ada and Girls by the Luna Brothers. Last week I went to Brugge and I visited a comicbook store and they recommended The Sword, so I bought the first two volumes.
I picked up The Sword Volume 1 to help me get a cloak and the rank of countess for the MedievalAThon.
I really enjoyed this. I really like the artwork, it's very 'calm'. It's also very similar to the artwork of their other graphic novels.
This awards me 100 points for the IronTomeAthon. (Graphic Novels only count for 100 points with a maximum of 5 graphic novels.)

I immediately picked up Volume 2 and this got me a sword and the rank of princess for the MedievalAThon and it again awarded me 100 points for the IronTomeAThon.

I'm definitely going to pick up the next two volumes very soon.

What's next?
Malice will probably keep me occupied until the end of the readathons so I'm not 100% sure yet what I'll pick up afterwards.
I'm going to take my N.E.W.T.s in August (you can find my tentative TBR here) and I think I'm going to start with my reread of Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff.
How's your reading going? Let me know in the comments.

Bye for now

Annelies

No comments:

Post a Comment