Tuesday 23 July 2019

N.E.W.T.s readathon TBR

Hi booklovers

Even though I'm still participating in both the MedievalAThon and the IronTomeAThon I want to talk about the N.E.W.T. readathon that will be taking place in August. This will take place during the entire month of August and is hosted by Book Roast. You can find the announcement video here.

After completing 9 exams for my O.W.L.s I am allowed to sit the exams for the following subjects:

*Ancient Runes
*Arithmancy
*Charms
*Defence Against the Dark Arts
*Herbology
*History of Magic
*Muggle Studies
*Potions
*Transfiguration

I was able to sit all the exams needed for my career as a librarian. To succeed in becoming a librarian, I have to get the following grades in these subjects:

O in Ancient Runes: 
A: Ehwaz (partnership) read a book recommended by a friend. 
E: A book written in the past tense. 
O: A book that has been on your TBR for ages. 

E in Defence Against the Dark Arts:
A: A book that's black under the dust jacket.
E: Gilderoy's memory charm. (Take a pen) A book that you just remember from your TBR.

E in history of Magic:
A: Read a fantasy. 
E: Read a book that includes a map. 

Since I'm already doing two readathons, I'm just going to focus on the subjects and grades I need for my exams. I already require 7 books for that :-s

I'm not really going to do a TBR except for some books I was already going to read.

Ancient Runes:
A: The Blinding Knife by Brent Weeks. The whole Lightbringer series has been highly recommended by Nadine.
E: Quite a lot of books on my TBR are written in the past tense.
O: Most of my books have been on my TBR for ages.

DADA:
A: I'll have to check which of my books are black under the dust jacket. Maybe I'll pick one of my unread Fairyloot books for this.
E: Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. This is one of the most recent additions to my TBR and I really want to read it.

History of Magic:
A: Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff (this will be a reread in preparation for the release of Darkdawn.)
E: Emperor of Thorns by Mark Lawrence. The advantage of reading mostly fantasy books is that most of them have a map :-)

Are you taking part in the N.E.W.T.s readathon? Are you aiming for a career? Let me know in the comments.

Bye for now

Annelies

No comments:

Post a Comment